The Gorge Tillicum Community Association (GTCA) respects its Members' privacy. We have developed a Privacy Commitment to set out the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of our personal information.
Why we collect personal information
If you are a GTCA Member, then the GTCA has some basic information about you. We understand that some of this information is private, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a paid-up Membership Registry.
- To establish and maintain a Membership contact list for the purpose of occasional communications regarding events, issues, and other community related items that may be of interest to GTCA members.
- To publish the names of Business Members on our website.
When do we disclose personal information?
We do not anticipate disclosing personal information except in the following circumstances:
- We are ordered to by government or police bodies.
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and your right to privacy, the GTCA:
- Will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent.
- Will not provide your Membership status or contact information to third parties.
- Will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- Will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above.
- Will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, we want you to know that you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your telephone and email address removed from our telephone or email lists. We use these lists to inform you of events, issues, and other community related items that may be of interest to GTCA members.
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us beyond your legal name and address, which is obviously necessary to be a Member.