GTCA Structure & Committees
The Gorge Tillicum Community Association (GTCA) is incorporated under the Societ1es Act of British Columbia. The Board of Directors is the governing body of this non-profit association/society. Board Members may interact with developers, Saanich council and staff, and other parties that have business with the GTCA. In addition to this, there are also several committees under the Board. Committees are made up of at least one Board Member and may include other persons not on the Board.
- Development Committee - Reviews significant development issues presented to the GTCA.
- Executive Committee - This consists of the President, Vice-President, Treasurer, Secretary, and Membership Secretary and meets on an as-needed basis to discuss GTCA business.
- Gorge Canada Day Picnic Committee - Organizes the Gorge Canada Day Picnic. Contact us via the event website at www.gorgecanadaday.ca.
- Gorge Park Clean-up Committee - Organizes semi-annual clean-ups in Gorge Park.
- Gorge Park Gardens Committee - This committee is responsible for running the Gorge Park Community Gardens site. The GTCA Board has signed an agreement with the District of Saanich for management of the Gardens and is the overseer of the Committee and its finances. Visit their website at http://gorgegardens.wixsite.com/gorgegardens.
- Land Use Committee - Reviews development proposals sent to the GTCA by developers and by Saanich.
- Lights on the Gorge Committee - This came into being through an initiative of the United Way Community Tables project. The committee organizes the annual community festival on the Gorge Waterway in December each year.
- Music in the Park Committee - Assists in hosting a Saanich SunFest Music in the Park concert each July/August.
- Newsletter Committee - Produces the Gorge Tillicum Neighbourhood News.
- West Gorge Transportation Committee - Advocates around traffic issues in the area west of Tillicum Road.